Cross-country skiing in PillerseeTal
A cross-country skiing holiday in PillerseeTal denotes a very special sporty experience and an adventure in the natural surroundings. The indescribable mountain backdrop surrounds you as you investigate the loveliest slope network in Tirol. The "snowy refuge" of the Kitzbüheler Alpen, as PillerseeTal is also known, stands out thanks to its perfectly prepared cross-country slope network, which has a variety of routes in different difficulty levels.
We are an official partner hotel of the IBU World Championships Biathlon 2017 and the annual Biathlon World Cup events. The athletes of different nations live with us during the biathlon events. If you want to try Biathlon yourself, then there is the opportunity in the Pillersee Valley three times a week with a guest biathlon and at the end of the season the Volksbiathlon is a great opportunity to experience the fascination biathlon.
The most sonw-safe region of Tyrol
Whether classic or skating style, beginner or pro, everyone is very well catered for here. Past Lake Pillersee, across glistening snow-covered meadows, through Tirol's superb winter landscape. It is not for nothing that PillerseeTal is one of the top cross-country venues in Austria. Our wide range of cross-country events and the annual Biathlon World Cup complete a put the finishing touches to a perfect cross-country holiday in Austria.
Advantage for Cross-country skiers
- Slope network which is perfectly prepared daily, with 100 kilometres of slopes in classic and skating style
- World championship level cross-country skiing conditions - Hochfilzen is the on-going event location for the Biathlon World Cupentourage
- GPS-compiled slopes in the whole PillerseeTal
- Guest biathlon available daily
- Cross-country experts, 'nordic academy' in Hochfilzen and 'SINUS' in St. Ulrich am Pillersee
- Nordic Walking centre
- Permanent IVV cross-country slope
- FIS Continental Cup for Cross-country in December in St. Ulrich am Pillersee
- KRONE open biathlon in Hochfilzen